Chilling equipment for process fluids (water, glycol / water) designed to guarantee high energy savings of up to 80% as compared to the version not featuring the ”freecooling” system.
Series “RW/EFC ax” Liquids Chillers
with in-built “free Cooling”
air condensation by axial fans
These process fluids (water, glycol / water) chillers are designed to guarantee high energy savings of up to 80% as compared to the version without the “free-cooling” system. The actual saving is based on the machines operating conditions. They are enbloc units featuring separate, indipendent systems for maximum performances and reliability under all circumstances and allowg to make the most of the room available in the plants. For these models we developped a particular feature which is specially designed to allow the automatic operation of three different cooling systems:
System 1: RW air-condensed chilling unit. Its operating principle is based on the compression of environment-friendly gas. Its compressors enable to maintain the selected temperature (up to +25°C) even when the ambient air temperature is higher than the process fluid temperature.
System 2: RW air-condensed chilling unit with EFC “free-cooling” unit, applying the combined effect of the chilling and “free-cooling” sectors.
System 3: EFC “free-cooling” unit. It cools the process liquid by operating the fans alone, with extremely reduced power consumption. The cooled liquid temperatures obtained can be as little as 5°C above the ambient air temperature (e.g.: +25°C liquid temperature for +20°C ambient air temperature).
Available versions: “RWC / EFC” with sealed internal storage tank; “RWE / EFC” for external storage tank.
- Aluminium / Zinc-coated body.
- Sealed “Scroll” compressor.
- Chilling-gas system (configurations with up to 2 chilling systems depending on the size of the chiller).
- Thermally insulated storage tank made of zinc-coated steel.
- AISI 316 stainless steel exchanger plates (or tube nest)
evaporator with thermal coating.
- Aluminium microchannel heat exchanger.
- Electronic thermostatic valve.
- Air / water exchanger.
- Motor-operated three way valve.
- Axial EC BRUSHLESS fans.
- AISI 304 stainless steel centrifugal user motor pump with anti-condensate shaped cup.
- AISI 304 stainless steel centrifugal circulation motor pump
with anti-condensate shaped cup.
- Independent chiling section and free cooling systems.
- IP55 protection degree
- Control panel with microprocessor.
- Washable aluminium air filters on the air-suction side.
- Security flow-switch.
- Automatic air exhaust.
- Manual by-pass.
- Remote alarms.
- Water-pressure meter.
- Automatic filling.
Microprocessor supplied with alphanumeric control panel. The microprocessor features unit’s main parameters, pressures and temperatures reading as standard, allows easy failure diagnosis thanks to the continuous reporting on the chiller status. Optional serial remote control. Automatic operation of the free-cooling function to maximize energy savings.
Load’s analogue control with automatic partialization of the chilling power for all season modes: summer, winter and middle season. 5 selectable languages as standard.
The curves in the diagram allow to compare the power consumption of a Frigofluid series “RW / EFC” chiller with a traditional chiller, both employed for the production of chilled water at a +25°C temperature.
- Control panel’s remote installation.
- Automatically operated safety motor pump.
- “CAM” automatic loader of the water / glycol mix.
- Automatic by-pass.
- Serial interface.